Honda Odyssey camper fear of camping alone

This guide should spare you some clock in putting together your minivan camper, on a budget.  It is a collection of articles on this website, in a step-by-step format.  All step has links to unrivaled or more articles.

    • Step One–Get a Minivan. Of feed, I'm a fan of the Honda Odyssey.  I wrote a buyer's guide to the 2nd generation Odyssey, that you can read here.   If you aren't a fan of the Odyssey, then check my YouTube serial publication connected turning the Nissan NV200 into a camper van.  The NV has close to great advantages like a flat floor and no interior trim (lets you maximize space).
    • Step Two–Bed. We are speaking about stingy and fast here thusly for my first minivan camping bus changeover, I used a Coleman ComfortSmart Deluxe Cot which generally runs some $60-$80.  There are 2 variants of this cot, an 80″x30″ example which holds 300 lbs and is the one I use.  If you are shorter in height, you might live able to get off with the 69″ x 25″ cot, which holds capable 275 lbs.  The links attend Amazon because that's the cheapest source I found.  If you project to leave the 3rd-row seat in place and you wealthy person a split seat, measure the space after folding down the fractional of the seat you aren't using.  The 30″ wide cot should work in just about minivans.
    • Step Three–Concealment. Unless you are passing to be someplace very secluded, you'll likely deficiency to put some privacy curtains and/or privacy panels in your minivan motor home.  For $20 some, you can make any curtains similar these, to provide privacy in the rear of your van.  You'll as wel want something to cover the side Windows of your van for privacy.  You can make some very inexpensive van windowpane covers with felt and Reflectix American Samoa I show here.
    • Step Four–Power. Having a way to recharge phones Oregon run diminished appliances and lights is something that you'll want for boondocking (camping without hookups).  I have got a lot of videos and how-tos for this subject, but I'll name the core ones here.  If you don't have very much of money or limited skills, a battery jump pack will give you up to 400 Watts of power and it can be recharged when you have outer power available.  Jump packs can too be converted to a "solar author" like the Abominable snowman Goal Zero, for a mass little than you'd pay for the Yeti.
    • Step Five–Food and Water. You recognise what you like, soh I won't Tell you what to eat on.  I use unprocessed fruit and carrots, along with foods you can make with sweltry water, like soup and burgoo.  That lets me prepare meals while camping, using an engrossment smoke and I don't postulate refrigeration.  For water repositing in a van, you can make these 5-gallon tanks for $15.
    • Tread Six–Screens. If you are van bivouacking in anything different than cold brave out, you'll want wholly the airing you can get.  Scissors, a roster of screen, and magnets make for easy, custom minivan windowpane screens.  You can see them in the photo at the top of this post, covering the front windows.
    • Step Seven–Find a Free Campsite. In that location are a LOT of free camping spots out there, especially if you are near BLM (Bureau of Land Management) land.  Don't pay for an app because I've used a number of them and the best free app for finding camping spots is "Recreational vehicle Parks & Campgrounds, by ParkAdvisor.  It lists free and paid campgrounds and the app whole works as well as any of the others.  You get user reviews of each spot and john even find Walmarts that allow overnight parking.  Information technology as wel comes in Humanoid and Apple versions.  Freecampsites.sack up is another adept source for finding spots.
    • Step Eight–Camping Ignore Programs.   I try to boondock on public Din Land whenever possible, but every so often I stay at a paid campsite to get a sexy shower, dump the trash, and come the laundry.  I wrote a review of the discount camping programs I've utilized.  They can pay themselves back in a couple of uses and are considerably Charles Frederick Worth the money if you will comprise living on the road for any length of time.
    • Step Club–Pull out There!   Take a short-change trip to trial down your setup.  Then, go away realize the National Parks, meet new citizenry, and have a great time!  If you lick around this site, you'll see articles about the places I blend, like this article about visiting Mount up Rushmore with kids.  I try to impart tips and return photos you won't see elsewhere, so you have a better idea of what to expect.
    • Step Ten–Get My Updates.   If you'd like to incur more DIY camper conversion tips and see where I go incoming, put your email in the boxwood at the bottom of this page.  I won't share your email, spam you, or brawl anything other but send you an email whenever I post something new!

See how it all comes together therein television.  I traveled through with the Black Hills, Badlands National Park, the U.P. of Wolverine State, and other places with this "no-physical body" van build.  I'm now on my second minivan R.V. transition.

Thanks for reading!  For a complete list of my DIY minivan camper conversion projects, click on the menu item at the summit.

–Odyssey Camper

minivan camper diy
Travel along Our Pinterest Board and Get All Odyssey Camping bus Posts!